Peter is a widely recognised brand marketing, licensing, promotions and sponsorship specialist with over 30 years’ experience in the sports and entertainment arena.
Peter’s core specialisation is in strategic sponsorship; marketing; media, merchandise and retail, as well as establishing corporate; manufacturing and distribution partnerships to assist in the long term successful commercialisation of companies and their brands.. Peter is also well acknowledged for his accomplished ability to bridge both strategy and facilitation on behalf of his clients – and has assumed the role of Acting Head of Marketing for several clients where required.
Previously SVP Marketing for Global Brands Group (FIFA, PGA Tour, FIBA) and Program Manager (Licensing, General Marketing, Media Assets; Sponsorships) and Head of Torch Relay Marketing for the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games.
Peter has also held senior marketing roles in retail finance as well as internationally renowned advertising, direct marketing, sales promotion and consumer products licensing organisations including Warner Bros. Consumer Products, Ogilvy & Mather and Foote Cone Belding.
John Moore is a leader in corporate partnership and brand-marketing strategy. With more than 30 years’ experience in brand marketing, John has been involved in the development of corporate partnerships for Time Warner, Sydney 2000 Olympic Games, World Youth Day Australia 2008, FIFA Brand and FIFA World Cup™ and US PGA Tour.
Highlights of John’s career include his leadership role in marketing and branding for the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games. As Group General Manager, Marketing and Image, John worked with business and government to leverage the potent brand mix of Australia, Sydney, and the Olympics.
Other highlights include:
- The Sydney local marketing programmes generated nearly US$1.1billion from local sponsorship, ticket sales, and licensing combined —more than doubling the total Sydney Bid revenue target of US$379 million (IOC Marketing Matters May 2001). Sponsorship revenues exceed US$820m. The Sydney 2000 marketing effort was (at the time) the most successful in the history of the Olympic Games. Subsequently the International Olympic Committee invited Moore to be a member of their prestigious IOC Marketing Commission in 2000.
- From 2000-2006 John was Chief Executive Officer – Asia Pacific for one of the world’s largest travel retailers, Nuance Group. Chaired locally by Hon. Nick Greiner, Nuance managed every major airport duty free outlet in Australia, and many across the region, as well as the Olympic Super Stores, and during this time , John also served as Deputy Chairman of peak industry body, the Tourism & Transport Forum.
- In 2006 John returned to brand and marketing consultancy working with Global Brands on projects for clients including FIFA, US PGA Tour and World Youth Day 2008 (the latter raising over $AUD15m in sponsorship and licensing revenue).
- In mid-2008, John was asked to direct the creation of a new image and identity for Sydney, Australia. Appointed by the then Premier of NSW and the Chairman of Brand Sydney, John was tasked with collaborating with 13 of Sydney’s major stakeholders from Government, to tourism bodies, business leaders, and associations. The evolution of this work, The Greater Sydney Partnership became a major marketing and communications initiative for Australia’s global city, and was eventually folded into Destination NSW.
- As Director of Commercial Strategy and Business Creation for Sydney Brand agency, Generation Alliance, John also developed corporate partnership strategies for clients including the Australian Racing Drivers’ Club, Centenary of Canberra, Showbiz and Fairtrade International and he also played a lead role in the strategic development of projects for clients including Parramatta and Penrith City Councils, eftpos, Australian Turf Club, Events NSW, the Nepean Group and GoldLinQ/Plenary Group.